Today the Fabians are guest editing Labourlist to talk about the important issue of democratic reform. We’ll be posting articles covering all aspects of our democracy, including political education, voting reform and the mechanics of how our elections work.
This guest edit is part of an ongoing Fabian project to write a new charter for democratic reform, which we’ve been writing with an advisory panel of senior labour activists and which we will publish at conference. We’ve been holding conversation meetings around the country, we’ve launched a new discussion website, and we’ve been conducting focus groups with voters.
- Research director Liv Bailey on why the project is important >>
- Andrew Harrop on Labour’s recovery >>
- Melanie Onn MP on lessons to change the world >>
- Lewis Baston on reforming first past the post >>
- Debbie Abrahams MP on tackling inequality >>
- Wayne David MP on boosting our democracy from the ground up >>
- Ed Wallis on bringing politics back to our communities >>
- Oliver Sidorczuk on democracy’s missing millions >>