The Fabian Society is delighted to announce the launch of a new Arts and Creative Industries Policy Unit – a 12-month initiative to develop evidence and policy proposals on the arts, culture and creativity.
The unit has been established with the forthcoming general election in mind to develop an inspiring policy agenda to influence the thinking of the next government.
The unit’s director will be Alison Cole, currently editor of The Art Newspaper. Its work programme will be steered by an advisory group chaired by Baroness Gail Rebuck.
The unit’s policy programme is currently being developed, with projects likely to include work on:
• Arts and creativity in the curriculum
• Creative industries’ contribution to economic growth
• The arts ecosystem (locally, nationally and internationally)
• Financial support for the arts
• Arms-length public bodies that support arts and culture
• Access and excellence
The unit begins work in November. For more information, please contact Fabian Society general secretary Andrew Harrop (firstname.lastname@example.org).